Wednesday, April 11, 2007

a tribute






Hey friends! Just wanted to recommend one of my favorites to you all. Odon Soterias is so wonderful and such magic that my words could never do justice. They were introduced to me a few years ago by my dear sister that you all know as the lizard princess. She got to meet them at the Rainbow Gathering and they put on a show for the Jesus Kitchen crew! Incredible people indeed who love their God and sing to the world about Him. Lots of their verses are straight up Bible tale-tellin' and the fella, Hippydan, plays the dudlesack, which is some kind of special bagpipes his wife got him for a wedding gift. Anyways, I stole the pictures from their site so I could give them props here. Unfortunately, I lack the techy skills to do an official link, but they can be found at MySpace music under Odon Soterias. I'll also quit telling their story as they do a much better job of it themselves. You should check them out! They are a discovery to behold, that's for certain. We played their album for the start of our wedding ceremony, it was a great honor. Enjoy!
ps. the female part of Odon posts some of the most hilarious stuff on their blog-link that i have ever read, she's a gem.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE THOSE GUYS SO MUCH!
I love both their music and their personalities- they are such an inspiration!
PS-in answer to you inquiry on the blog, Vernie is OK, I just gave her people food that i thought she could handle, but she couldn't!

9:59 AM  
Blogger bluemountainmama said...

are you guys really sisters? i didn't realize that....

sounds like a great band- i'll have to look them up on myspace.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

bluemountainmama, we are sisters in Christ; closer than blood I suppose!

5:32 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

oh yes, and bmm, what a lovely new photo you have! Is that a whatchacallit? ukelele? (however you spell it)

5:34 AM  
Blogger TWaits said...

I don't even know where to begin. It will take me a day or two to think up the comment for this one. Yowza.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Thanks for sharing!

10:24 AM  
Blogger bluemountainmama said...

dani- it's a mountain dulcimer.....

and, by the way, i think your word verification for this comment is the longest i've ever seen! :)

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're going to be playing at the Salvage Yard on May 8th at 7pm and at the Fall Out on May 12th, also 7pm (both in the twin cities)!


YAY!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Beba said...

Hi
Thanks for leaving comment on my blog. That is really amazing how God works in our lives and how many similarities we can find in each other's stories :)
Love
Beba

1:36 AM  
Blogger Flower said...

Thanks Dani! The picks look really cool...
I shall have to check this out!
Hope you are having a lovely weekend! Hey we got hot weather and lots of sunshine at the moment! Freaky....!

xox

5:15 AM  
Blogger angely said...

I LOVE THE DREADS on them . Man...If I was unique and cool...I would totally do that...sigh.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Melanie, you're a lucky girl! It seems winter's grip is reluctant to let go round these parts..

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home