Thursday, March 29, 2007

Unabashed Fever...




For those of you who know me personally, you may be aware of a bit of a pre-occupation of mine these days... I HAVE BABY FEVER LIKE A DESPERATE MAN SEARCHING FOR WATER IN THE DESERT!!!!! No shame in that here. So many folks today react as if you are talking about the plague or something when you share the mad joy and desire of becoming a mother. I refuse to succumb. I've heard, "Your making a fairytale out of it; it's the hardest thing ever and.." I agree about the truth of it being the most ultimate challenge and big deal ever, never to be recanted, requiring your basic everything, a forever decision, indeed I grasp these things. But to only speak of such a beautiful gift with guarded stoical anxiety, NO WAY!!! (stoical=showing indifference to joy, grief pain, etc.; impassive) I'll shout it from the hilltops that if God wants us to be parents, YEEEEE HOOOOOOO!!!!! I feel it in mee bones... Anyhow, if God says no someday, He knows the best plan for everything and I trust Him. We shall see...
So, you perhaps may be wondering what Igor has to do with the fever.. A favorite pastime of my husband and I's of late, just so happens to be baby name dreaming. Somehow, in the endless debate of a boy's name (a girl name is settled), "Igor was inadvertently mentioned. We giggled, then looked at each other seriously, then mused over it for some time. Brady just so happens to love it (imagine that..) It has a strange hold on me as well, in an unexplainable way. Imagine you'd never seen Frankenstein, any version, and heard the name for the first time. I guess it's all the rage in Russia and the like. You should venture an image search on yahoo for "Igor", you wouldn't believe what's out there: pitbulls, children, strange men in the furry Boris hat, etc... It's nothing serious, we have quite a few more realistic options in the running, but I'm curious to know what you think. For reals hombres; would he be punk rock? Would the lassies dig it? Would he be destined to a bizarre future like our friend pictured above? What say you? Perhaps you could care less and that's alright too since we were both sleep deprived and ridiculous when Igor took over our thoughts... Oh ya, and the baby foot in belly photo..ISN'T IT SO WONDERFUL?!!! Someone in the house (ahem..) doesn't quite agree and finds it horribly disturbing. I on the other hand cried when I first saw that picture. I think to deny joy over possible mommyhood because birth hurts and times will be rough is comparible to denying joy over being saved by Jesus because we know we'll still have trials and suffering. Maybe I'm just a raving babyhound, who knows. One things for sure; if I get to be a mommy, and the technology is still available, I want my little one to look back on this post and see just how anticipated and loved they have always been...

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward." Psalm 127:3

Labels:

25 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. Your blog is beautiful! Being a mommy is WONDERFUL. I can attest to that. So if it is in God's plan for you --- you are going to love it. It is hard sometimes, but you wouldn't trade all that for the world.

The baby foot outline in the belly is a beautiful picture.

Igor is a cute name :-)

1:39 PM  
Blogger Flower said...

Hey Dani! Nice to see you again!
Ahh..Some interetsing pictures as ever...
I have not yet ventured into the realms of motherhood and time ticks by....
:0)
xx

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm partial to Icabod myself.
This may sound like weird advice, but enjoy the baby fever. Relish in those dream days where there are no absolutes, the DNA isn't written in stone, and you can just think about all the possibilities.
Babyhood is more fleeting that a caterpillar's breath; before you can turn around, the child is running off to climb a tree, get their degree and have their own children. Our lives are like grass.
So, like I said, enjoy the "baby fever season" of your life. You will never have a season quite like this for the rest of your life!

2:30 PM  
Blogger bluemountainmama said...

wow...i have to agree with you- that first picture is AMAZING!!!!

and as far as Igor goes, he might have a rough time of it from others as no matter what your name, somehow people find a way to make something funny out of it. his would just be a tad bit easier for it. :)

i'm glad daniwoodnymph enjoyed my "nature's playground" post....

5:41 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Aw, thanks for all the comments ladies! What a sweet bunch of mommies (except Melanie who's still in my realm..)Beverly and bmmama, you girls are such examples to me of Godly mothers. Indeed I loved the outdoor playground post, it made me smile all day! Igor is a good example of my ongoing sarcasm that probably gets a bit out of control. We're quite a bit more serious about a Samuel or a Simon er something; we like S's. lp, how about Igor Icabod Klatt? Then his initials could be ikk...

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found a blog from bluemountainmama's blog: It has great photos of Hawaii .
I think you'd enjoy it!

7:41 AM  
Blogger S.B.G. said...

even if I don't have baby fever the idea of baby names continues to fascinate me. I love to talk names. Had we had a girl she would have been Naomi. Lately I like "Isa" which is the name of a local girl.

For more fascinating baby naming info. do check out this fabulous site:
http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/
Check the popularity of names over the past 100 years and more~

6:00 AM  
Blogger Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

n1Wow, this was so beautiful! What a wonderful thing to read - a woman eagerly looking forward to motherhood! It brought tears to my eyes.
Thank you for sharing this! And I say, he would be a very blessed little Igor. :)

8:57 AM  
Blogger Stuen said...

foot picture is very disturbing... sort of reminds me of the alien movies...

2:26 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

elise, you are a precious mom and thanks for stopping by! stuen, you're a boy, you would say that... (also you've made allegiance with Brady, he'll be pleased)

5:20 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

OH MY! OH MY. I left an interesting blog for you dani....

love ya,
Beck

2:55 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

BJo, you are adorable..

5:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do boys always equate "baby in womb"="alien take oevr"? I don't get that. Although, there is that eerie feelign of, "OMG- there's SOMETHING growing inside me!!!"
On a different note, beware; your tummy may never be the same (vitmin E oil works, I hear).

Love ya, sweets! I'm almost as excited for the little one as you guys are!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Elvis Has Left The Building said...

Babies are very much like aliens. Big head, big eyes, little body. Covered in ooze when they come out, shriek and howl upon entering our earth's atmosphere, eat slime, suck on humans, discharge brown-green muck, stroll around the house in little round pod-shaped coaster things, stare at what humans perceive to be nothing and then giggle, morph into larger creatures that eventually by mere existence, destroy the planet. Need I find more parallels? –EHLTB

7:38 AM  
Blogger S.B.G. said...

you'll be eager to note Igor doesn't register in the top 1,000 of any year in the past 100. Not that that would be surprising.:-)

3:17 PM  
Blogger TWaits said...

Ok, it's my turn. Remember: when you're trying to have kids, try a lot. Then try some more, like, a LOT more, which ain't all bad. But then, when you do get pregnant, some dumb@$$ people that you know real well at your place of worship will have the nerve to ask if it was planned, like you were some barefoot 14 year old from Kentucky. No offense meant to pregnant barefoot 14 year olds from Kentucky of course.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

TOMMMMMMM, YOU ARE FLIPPIN' HILARIOUS TO THE Nth DEGREE OVAH HERE...Sheer comic genius. twaits, i'll try to remember that advice..

11:22 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

"shriek and howl upon entering our earth's atmosphere"... i just can't get over it..

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not worth mentioning, but I will anyways:
My grandma's name is Viola, and I always thought that was a beautiful name.

11:34 AM  
Blogger TWaits said...

I guess that's better than double bass or cello.

2:16 PM  
Blogger bluemountainmama said...

dani-hermit's-been-gone.........

and elvis' comment is HILARIOUS!!!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Hi bluemountainmama! Alas! I have not meant to be gone! We are preparing to leave for the Philippines in one month and all is busy chaos! Excuses, i know.. I adore you!

6:26 AM  
Blogger angely said...

Amen sister...at least you got half the equation...your married. Anyway, love the name...Igor...would you pronounce it IIIGOR or EEEGOR...lol. I think it would kind of be like a boy named SUE. He would certainly be tough when he got older. And if he is as big as the manchild, he will be just fine. love ya girl!!!!

7:16 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

...that first pic makes me sick.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

carrie...

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home