Saturday, February 10, 2007

Reminders...




Hmmmmm. I wonder if I'll ever stop the strange old hermit habits... Here's the struggle: the selfish flesh-monster in me rears up and I want to run for the hills, literally! Seriously get in the car and just keep going (I know I'm the only one that ever thinks this right?).. So, I was overwhelmed with these ridiculous thoughts when lo and behold, here's what I found in my devotions. I happened to be in Psalm 55 where David says, "Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest. Indeed, I would wander far off, and remain in the wilderness. I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest."

So I was all, hey AMEN David! And wow, he had the same wild escape thoughts that I have sometimes. EXCEEEEEEEEPT, his "storm" he was trying to escape was people that wanted to kill him! My "storm" is myself!!! Storm is such a good word to describe it too. Temper flares, stubborn outbursts, a whirlwind of selfishness! Anyways, what would I escape? The amazing man that God gave me to marry? The loving and beautiful church family I am privileged to know and be a part of? My ministry that is EVERYTHING THAT MATTERS?... I write this with all joy. God gave me a fresh and wonderful reminder these last few days of just how much I have. I'll never get tired of Tim's marriage counsel, try to always think "what if they died tomorrow and this was your last day with them..." How would you want to have treated them? What would you wish you had said? And make this your every day. Best advice I have ever received. I carry that close in my heart and think of it often. I'm so glad Jesus lets me see through His eyes of peace. I'm so intolerant and just plain rude on my own. At the root of me without God is a crotchity old hermit and that's just plain ugly... Oh ya, the posted pics are to emphasize my point here. Do I really want to be the lonely lady of the woods like the one, or be in constant praise for the wife I get to be in the other? Hmm. Also, I will keep sabotaging this blog with springtime green wooded photos whenever possible as we hunker down in the sub-zero dead season.. There's a beauty in winter for sure, but I've had my fill. It's time for swimming in rivers and pitching tents in the woods and having campfires under the stars! Bring on the thaw God!

p.s. if Ashley reads this, Hello sweetie!

10 Comments:

Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

I just read your comment to my blog. How did you find me? You are a gem!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Hello dear. Miss Lizard Princess is a close sister of mine and you have graced her comment pages. Also from Ashley's site, the girl of my prayers. You remind me of many close friends of days gone by..

5:51 PM  
Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

Lizard Princess is a fine woman--noticed her through C-Dell's page. Ashley just started writing to me and I feel a great love for her already. With your permission, I would like to link you. I think we will share quite a bit together.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Most definately enemy. I would be honored!

6:20 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

That is so very sweet of you... I really don't know what to say.

4:55 AM  
Blogger C. H. Green said...

So glad I found you. I struggle with the Hermit in me too. I withdraw when stress gets too much for me. I even have that temptation to run for the hills. Sometimes the only thing that stops me is my precious 7 year old boy and the thought of disrupting his routine. Blogging friends keep me sane. Huggggs...and let's break out of this together.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Flower said...

wow what a great blog... you interesting person you!

Nice to meet you
:)

7:09 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Ashley, so glad you saw my little ode to you. C.H. Green and Melanie, hello girls! Thanks for coming round these parts! I'm endlessly overjoyed at all the interesting lives I get to come in contact with!

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems your enjoying some blogger-fame, here!
I always knew you'd be famous someday-lol!
It's so neat to see all these people converging into one arena- I hope I get to meet them all in heaven!

You have such a unique, uplifting way of writing down your observences, Dani. I really appreciate that about you.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

You are such a sweetheart. I think I might be on my way to happiness and hope...thank you!

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home