Thursday, February 01, 2007

Nightmare Hippy Girl Barbie (inspired by Robocarp)

Yes indeed. Nightmare Hippy Girl Barbie is a hard one to find. A sold-out treasure in Missoula, Montana, Fort Collins, Colorado, and Weed, California, she's a fast travelin' lady for sure. NHG Barbie comes with 3 sets of homemade patchwork clothes, and only three-that's all she's got. Don't look for any shoes, this girl is barefoot for a reason. Hair dreading instructions included, or braiding if you prefer. She has her own djembe drum (although she's never learned to play) and crazy loads of hemp jewelry for sale. You won't find any bunk "stash" on this girl, designer goods only man.. Her platform she uses for tree sit-ins is sold separately, along with a "crash" couch that you can move along to and from friends' houses. A collector's set of her favorite reads is available for a limited time, including: Anarchist's Cookbook, The Monkeywrench Gang, Vegetarian Cookbook, Grateful Dead Family Album, and loads of her own poetry. Wind up the dial on her back, and she'll sing "Bobby McGee" til the cows come home. In her pockets, you will find ambitious letters to various government agencies addressing all sorts of social woes, directions to the next Rainbow Gathering, and a hand-drawn "will work for food" sign for her long days of panhandling. Her japanese symbol for peace and fairy atop a mushroom tattoos can be found on her shoulder and lower back Hula hoop, tarot cards, incense, and sweet baby blue Chacos included. "I Was Born A Ramblin' Man" Ken, "Freebird" Ken, and or "Love The One You're With" Ken may or may not be found.

*Thought I'd include part of Beck's lyrics for "Nightmare Hippy Girl" as an ode to NHG Barbie and for those of you who haven't been blessed enough to have heard this song:

"she's a nightmare hippy girl, she's a whimsical, tragical beauty uptight and a little bit snooty ... oh, oh, oh ... she's a magical, sparklin' tease she's a rainbow chokin'' the breeze yo, she's bustin' out onto the scene with nightmare bogus poetry she's a melted avocado on the shelf she's the science of herself she's spazzing out on a cosmic level and she's meditating with the devil she's cooking salad for breakfast she's got tofu the size of Texas she's a witness to her own glory she's a never-ending story she's a frolicking depression she's a self-inflicted obsession she's got a thousand lonely husbands she's playin' footsie in another dimension she's a goddess milking her time for all that it's worth"...
-No offense intended towards anyone. I've been accused of being rather nightmare hippyish myself, although I deny it all, to the grave... Don't get me wrong, I love the woods and all in it, worthy music, good whole foods, original clothing and stuff, but I am definately not Webster's New World Dictionary's hippie:
hippie= (hip'e) n. [slang] a young person who, in his alienation from conventional society, has turned to mysticism, psychedelic drugs, communal living, etc.
Unfortunately this used to be me... NO MORE, Moo ha!

11 Comments:

Blogger A said...

OW! That's my response to laughing so hard my sides hurt! I absolutley love this topic! I think I had all these Brabies as a wee lass . . . .

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She needs a copy of Elizabeth Zippern's Grateful Dead cookbook too, so she can do up those burritos in style, and make some decent money for getting to more Phil and Friends shows!
(I didn't have to look up that author's name in order to include it in this comment- scary.)

5:02 PM  
Blogger TWaits said...

I think I saw her sitting up in one of the larger oak trees on our property last month. We cut it down anyway. That platform makes a nice deer hunting stand now in an different tree.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Robocarp said...

hippy barbie rocks my face off and irritates me to no end. maybe ill work on macabre ken with real working chainsaw and detachable head.

Ill live next to these hippies that are a burden on society...at least on me anyways when they play dave matthews and the doors at 3 in the morning...hippies

8:22 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I definately think you need to design a Ken. It'll be good for you Robocarp...

5:46 AM  
Blogger Elvis Has Left The Building said...

Does she dispense patchouli out her nose when you squeeze her empty head. If not, she's of no use for me.

Funny posting....
-=EHLTB

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count yourself as being officially TAGGED!
You need to do a post about "6 Weird things about me". Ha ha, I tagged you!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

She comes with a lifetime supply of patchouli, of course...what kind of hippie do you think she is?

5:46 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

My Mom was kinda a hippie I guess. I've seen pictures of her at Dead shows!

3:46 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Hi Ashley! That's way cool. I love finding out about my folks and their past. It's crazy when you get to know them on a different level when you get older and finally realize that they were young once too! I read your comments on lp's site, glad you found her. By the way, we're a bunch of sarcastic lunatics with the Barbie thing, we've been making them up left and right...

6:33 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

She used to always wear a tie dye when she did chores...The barbie thing is a riot!

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home