Monday, January 01, 2007

Darfur Sadness





Recently, through many different ways, I've been confronted privately in my mind about my incredible lack of knowledge of what's going on "out there". I always care when I hear about the unimaginable, but I never take time to just do a little research on my own and take advantage of the wealth of input on the net. Sooooo, Darfur. Tim mentioned it and I wanted to know more. It was a devastating discovery and strange blessing all at once. I got some good history from general news coverage, but it was the personal stories...these women in Darfur. They are suffering more than anyone because their men are being killed and they are utterly alone. If their children survive the initial attacks, they are in grave danger with the poor conditions of the refugee camps. Anyways, I'm sure anyone reading this can find out on their own or probably already know. It's just those women...how haunting. All I know is peace. I've never been without abundance beyond. How absolutely impossible to comprehend in my surroundings what just one day of existence must be like for these poor girls right now. I think it's so good to cry with them and know their stories. Prayer ammo. I don't know. I feel so overwhelmed and yet I got up from reading the stories and went to make some food just like that and I just hope I'll remember to check out the news every now and then and stay afresh with this strange ugly world I live in. I'm so glad there's hope in Jesus..

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I just posted about eating at a raw foods resteraunt, and then I come here and my little excursion seems really insignificant. Thanks for the prayer reminder and attitude adjustment.

6:03 AM  
Blogger S.B.G. said...

taking a walk on the other side, if only for a moment, and maybe not even being there personally but hearing some of the goings on really puts things into perspective on a daily level. Maybe that's why I'm so attracted to non-fiction stories of life and cultures elsewhere, it really helps adjust the attitude.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Part of me wonders, that in God's eternal wisdom, if more souls are somehow entering into the kingdom because of this human tragety? It's the only way I can possibly even think about the situation without going crazy with guilt and sorrow.
The whole thing stinks of mankind's evil-ness, and our inability (or lack of motivation) to help our brothers and sisters over there.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

You said it Mama..

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home