Wednesday, February 14, 2007

the horror...



My mother-in-law never fails to send me the most terrifying pictures the mind could ever hope to endure. Most recently, "painted kitties"... These two are particularly devastating to me. I loathe clowns and really don't care for the feline species due to severe allergies (with the exception of Tommy of course, being part dog and all). Therefore, these dreadful pictures... Also, I can't imagine a creature alive that would go for a painting around the "rectal area".. Poor thing. Was there squirming involved? Was he/she motionless in utter shame? (One can only hope that this is some computer special effect).
This week has been full of rejoicing in the little stuff. God gave me this crazy $75 car that starts like a hero and gets me around every day! I actually missed having a junker and I just appreciate this one so much. Would be a chilly walk to work without it, that's for sure. It's even got the quintessential musty gorilla odor, mmm. We dubbed it "Leper", for it's amazing salt-licked paint job (much more humane than the cat's). Hey, I've never wondered about the word "humane" before. My husband is sitting here explaining it's roots to me. Apparently, it comes from human or something? Like humans have some sort of moral or ethical standard so impressive that we derive a word for their likeness that means merciful? I'm sorry but I beg to differ. Humans with God's beauty and Spirit in their hearts, now that's a whole different story.. But left to themselves, read a newspaper! WE GOT OUR PLANE TICKETS!!!!! The Philippines is becoming very very real nowadays. This is no longer a year away and it makes the heart pound. Tim was on the site when the airline opened the seat selections. He had the entire plane to choose from! We got two by two seats in the back, hence, no poor stranger having to be a third next to the married couple. Very exciting. Isn't it frustrating when the names you think of for a possible future child have the same first letter as the first letter of your last name? We both keep coming up with C's or K's! Brady was all about Clive the other day. No way... He just brought home the most delicious grocery store freezer pizza: Bellatoria's ultra thin crust, Margherita style. Roma tomotoes, mozz and asiago cheese, creamy garlic alfredo sauce, sun dried tomatoes, spices, YUMMMMM! It tasted organic and gourmet! I highly recommend, for those of you with as little spare time as us and appreciate a good throw in the oven 15 minute deal every now and then. Anyways, man I get long winded. It's bedtime for this creature of the night.

17 Comments:

Blogger TWaits said...

Cat butt can never be made to look nice, even with a clown. So, I was wondering (as I often do), if you scratched that cat's back right above the base of it's tail, would it look like the clown stands up taller?

9:37 AM  
Blogger Flower said...

Hey ...Nice to see you! I checked out the flikr link..lovely pictures! I love the Doors COunty secrets one with all the roots ~ amazing!.
I have some more pictures and one similar to that..on my myspace site...some great trees (which I love btw!). The link is in my profile if your interested 'My Web page' then just go to pics at the top under my photo!
See you again!
x

9:53 AM  
Blogger Flower said...

ha ha..me again...I do like to return! You can just see thepics on my site on the 'slide show' so need need to go into pics...silly me..oh and my accent ~ its probably best NOT heard ha ha! Quite a thick northern english accent...

x

9:56 AM  
Blogger A said...

Danielle's pregnant? Just Kidding! I know you're not, but be careful . . . talk about baby names could start rumors!

:)

A

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If anyone asks, Dani and her hubby are going to the Philippines on an extended missions trip this summer- I just thought I'd put an addendem to your post, Dani- hope that's ok (now that you're getting viewers from beyond our church!)
My mother-in-law sent me a bunch of crazy dressed-up animal pictures one time, and the cat one was among them- scary!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Cacturne said...

IVE HAD IT. Cat butt, never again.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

twaits, when confessing strange "wonderings", inner monologue is best used.
melanie, you are a doll. Thanks for looking at my photos! I'm going to check yours out after this. Also, I think a northern english accent sounds like it would be incredible, so there..
A, last nite I was considering Boris or Thor, what do ya think?
Mizz Princess, thank you. I'm always forgeting to explain myself.
Cacturne, a little cat butt never hurt anything. At least there's some comedy when they walk in the room hole out...

5:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O my word, Dani, you are SO HILARIOUS! I laughed so hard at the statement, "when they walk in the room hole out..."
So so funny.
I'm going to think of that at some totally inapproproate time, like today at jail while I'm teaching or something! HA!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Hi...I don't mean to be odd, but Ashleys blog went down right after someone said they were going to the police about a post she put up where it appeared she may have been raped...I know you were close to her ( I used to read her blog cumpulsively at work) have you heard from her??

3:34 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

nikki, I have not heard from her. I read the blog she wrote before it shut down and it sounded like she was physically OK, but not so well otherwise. I'm going to send an e-mail out there, see if she'll respond. How very sad all this... I don't know the girl at all, but have been praying for her. Nice to meet you in this strange blogworld nikki.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cats ishhh... thats all I have to say about that. Dogs... super cool... thats all I have to say about that.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Flower said...

Hey dani!! Its okay..no comment bandits here..I often pop back after saying something. I get a bit like Columbo...'oh and another thing' etc...Yes the books sound fab! I love the old covers!But dont go a making collages out of them now!! ha ha...

It seem ages since I read a book of late though! Thanks for the comments about the pics...I'm not sure how some turned out quite well...luck I guess...the sweet guy is indeed my husband..

AS for Dont Worry yes it is great...did you check out the site 'Neutral Sons' on myspace? I shall tell the sons what you think!! They will be happy for some ego massaging..very happy!!

12:06 AM  
Blogger Flower said...

Ha ha well I did say I like to pop back!
Just a note on the 'Dont Worry' song..you may want to chack out the 'Plum Flower Embroidery' and 'Mark Cottrell' links on my blogger site...They are indeed the Neutral Sons..but make mighty good music in their own right.
xx

2:51 AM  
Blogger angely said...

Now can you imagine the movie "It" With a psycho clown cat...eeeeeekkkkkk .....aaahhhhh. DOWN HERE WE ALL FLOAT...oh wait...cat's don't like water...hmmm...drown you in kitty litter...gross. Die from overexposure of dander....down here we all sneeze...not the same ring, huh!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Robocarp said...

if you like clown kitties, youll deffinatly dig on bonzai kitties

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been "tagged" to do a "6 weird things about me" post on your blog. Come on over and look at mine to see it. Get Zapped tagged me, and his can be seen at his "Zippy Pics" blog!
Have fun!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

OH MY GOSH!

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home