Saturday, March 17, 2007

treehouses & earthships






Meee hee hee hoooooooo!!!! Dwellings of dreams eh? When i was in sixth grade i was hauled off to Disney World by my tae kwon do instructor to babysit his boys for him on this trip i'd never fathom to take myself. Sooo, in the first few hours of immersion into this strange and eery world of "fun", i found myself lost in the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse... i got so caught up in wandering and loitering through the thing that i lost the boys i was supposed to be looking after! Needless to say, i have an affinity for treehouses, that's for certain. And so, during our massive snow dump of late, Mama and Vern showed up to kindly commence snowblowing our sidewalk, and Mama shared with me that Vern had researched some treehouses on the internet and i wouldn't believe what's out there. She was so right!!!!! This post was inspired by them, thanks compadres! And then these earthships.. i think it was back when i lived in New Mexico when i first heard of them (bunch of hippies with nothing to do but sit around and dream of such things, no mystery), and i always wanted to check them out. So here i am 10 years later checking them out...
Well, i got to thinking that if these are my dwellings of choice beyond comprehension here on earth, created by sons of men, imagine what John 14:2-4 could possibly mean... Jesus said, "In my Father's house there are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also, and where I go you know, and the way you know." Since he made the men who built those amazing casas posted above, and put the dream of their designs into their beautiful imaginations, imagine what He Himself is preparing for us!!! Is it a physical stucture?! Is it carved out of a tree itself or a mountain or down in some earth or under the waters?!!!!!! Couldn't you just meditate forever on it?!! As if just being by His side won't be enough, then He goes and promises a "place" for us... Whatever that means, i know He'll astound me. He knows me perfectly, and every little girl dream that is inside me. I'm sure He's got something in mind that I can't see with earthly eyes...

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

What an incredible way to incorporate scripture! I love it.

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool- I was going to say something similar to what enemy said.
Danger: Here's another blog
I think you would enjoy. She's a recluse like you used to be. (Only near the Appalatian Mts).
Thanks for the good conversation at church today!

1:49 PM  
Blogger TWaits said...

Those are huge trees. Just think about how much lumber you could get out of them to build another treehouse!
The eldest boy and I are going to build our tree-clubhouse this summer. He already has plans drawn.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Goat Yoda said...

Got here through Rosie's blog- we are in the process of building a chapel to the Theotokos (The Mother of God)on our property here-Our Lady of the Woods- I am Syrian Orthodox Christian and my Metropolitan Archbishop sent me an icon of Our Lady of the Fields to put in the Chapel. She will go nicely with the votive statue of Our Lady of Einsiedlin (Einsiedlin, Switzerland- means 'Place of the Hermit').

I liked the houses- we are building ours into the hillside with geothermal and passive solar, along with trees and things.

Goat Yoda

8:55 AM  
Blogger Flower said...

Where can I get me one of them!!??I want one ..I want one now!!!
:o)
xx

2:16 PM  
Blogger bluemountainmama said...

very cool!

i remember someone speaking on those verses once....something to the extent of if it took God only 7 days to make earth (look how beautiful it is)....think of how beautiful heaven will be....he's been preparing it for an eternity.

yes...something that's neat to ponder!!!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Hi bluemountainmama! Our pastor loves to rant about the 7 days verses all the time He's taking on our eternal home concept. There's so much joy in the dreaming of that! Goat Yoda, I'm afraid I find the idea of "Theotokos" extremely heretical and have no qualms about being that blunt about it; she is strangely absent from the Bible...
Twaits, i can just picture the boy's "plans", there's a reason for your title on my blog links... Melanie, I adore you..

5:31 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:09 AM  
Blogger bluemountainmama said...

psalters and iron and wine......love them! my old neighbor from MD was good friends with the paslters crew and they came several times and stayed with him and played in our small town....talk about incredible worship!!!!!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

bmm, that's beyond wonderful that you know of the psalters! there's no one quite like them out there, huh?

5:27 AM  
Blogger TWaits said...

Saul has his treehouse plans on my blog.

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bluemountainmama-
When I read your last comment, I thought at first you were gonna say, "Psalters, iron and wine- OH MY!"

Sorry,....just a silly thought.
Dani-
I hear you're going to a retreat this weekend there Dani-doo, according to the prophesy. (you'll have to look at my latest post to understand that last comment- LOL!)

6:18 AM  
Blogger Elvis Has Left The Building said...

Chop my toes off and make a stew. Gramma! Come quickly, Johnny put his chin in the meat grinder.
Back to you, Shannon.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Elvis Has Left The Building said...

In a tree shanty like that, where does the poop go?

9:31 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Those are so completely beautiful. I so want to play "Where would I rather be" with those pics.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

the poop goes in the woodstove for fuel of course. dung cakes...

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home