Thursday, March 08, 2007

an enchanting discovery..



Such loveliness my friends!!! At the Bible study last night, we covered verses that i forgot existed. They sent me into a frenzy of wonderful imaginations and longings to see what's in store on the other side... The following verse just got me:
"I saw by night, and behold, a man riding on a red horse, and it stood among the myrtle trees in the hollow; and behind him were horses: red, sorrel, and white." Zechariah 1:8
It's a vision of prophecy that Zechariah had and man, what haunting words of beauty. I just am constantly amazed at the incredible language and writing style in the Word. So, of course I had to go and look up myrtle trees, as I have never heard of them before. Lo and behold I found these lovely photos posted above.. Aren't they so majestic? Helps me picture the scene even more. I couldn't even concentrate after we read it! Anyways, I've been in the Psalms lately, and what comforts lie in those pages.. I had this verse on my wrist for the last two days to help battle strange waves of melancholy:
"In the multitude of my anxieties within me, your comforts delight my soul." Psalm 94:19
Also on the top of my hand: "It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture." Psalm 100:3
I love Him...

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

Lovely.

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a tattoo waiting to happen.....??!

10:35 AM  
Blogger S.B.G. said...

dani--funny you should mention what you did to your hand--i saw your written upon hand as you sat in front of me last night. I wondered....did she run out of paper, or maybe string to give herself some kind of reminder:-) Psalms is such a neat book. The name even has a beautiful ring to it, I think~

10:45 AM  
Blogger TWaits said...

I sometimes use paper to take notes. I hope that isn't too wacky of me.
If I forget my bible next week, I'll just look over at your arm...
Anyway, those are cool trees. They would make nice lumber.

1:49 PM  
Blogger TWaits said...

Also, it was good to see that you are still posting to your blog. I was getting worried enough to lose sleep, or maybe that was the jalapeno cheese bread I ate before bed. Maybe you were distracted reading the Dark Tower books when Brady got done with them.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

enemy, i adore you and i'm honored when you stop by.. lizard, perhaps; henna anyhow! sbg, i luv ya sister.. twaits.......you are trouble.. lumber? blasphemy! and Dark Tower=NO. i hear enough from the excited little boy in the house...

5:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dani-
Have you "met" mona, yet? She's from India- one of her favorite books is Animal Farm (which imediately endeared her to me!)
She just posted some gorgeous pictures of an Indian "color festival" I think you would like to look at here .

6:51 AM  
Blogger Flower said...

Hi Dani, it's really lovely to see that you are so blessed with your spirtuality. It often takes people many years, or not at all to find something that makes sense and clicks with them and alos provides them peace and happiness.
Lovely picture by the way!
xx

2:24 AM  
Blogger Flower said...

...hmm and yes..I have had a hair cut...bit odd though...one side short for when I feel cheeky, the other side long for when I feel shy!! haha!!
:O)

2:25 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Melanie i love the haircut! Reminds me so much of my twin best friends of old, they loved to experiment with each other's hair. And peace indeed, beyond my comprehension most of the time.. I was actually thinking of you when i posted those photos!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Flower said...

The photos are indeed majestic Dani..quite lovely
xx

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home