Thursday, September 28, 2006

Enter the Fog...




As you can see, a simple canoe ride that Brady and I had turned strange and forboding...We went out on the lake for a morning look-see and behold, around the corner, it came a-creepin'. Entahhhhh, the fog..the thickest, deepest fog I have ever encountered. It was instant vertigo mate! Krikey! So much fun and so eery all at the same time. It was the best play all sorts of deep sea pretend time I've had in a while! Oh ya, this all took place on our recent vacation to the Porkies in Michigan. We stayed on Mirror Lake, where the fog lurks.. There shall be more pictures to come from the trip. This was such a lovely getaway. Much appreciated. Such a glimpse of heaven out there. Looming old growth all around and lil' critters that lack the timidity of most. The boldest chipmunks I've ever seen, conspiring our demise I'm sure. We felt like kids and it was just the most refreshing thing to gather firewood, pump drinking water, have a hand in a bit of survival stuff! Hooray for places like the Porkies, existing in rarity amidst ever-sprawling urban takeover! Just a glimpse, the smallest fraction of a hint of what's to come...P.S. Don't I look like a freakshow-ferry-them-across-the-lake of the dead-character in the foggiest fog photo? Moooo Ha Haaaa!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We missed you guys when you were gone!
Are you the great photo queen or what? You always have either amazingly cool, funny or beautiful photos on yer blog!
I love that you write exactly how you talk, too- I can just hear you in my head!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

You look like the grim reaper version of the Lady of Shalotte!(famous heroine from a classic play- later made famous by the ever-so -precocious Anne of Green Gables! :)

11:47 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

That was one of my favorite parts in that movie, little drama queen. Reminds me of some redhead in her youth that I know of...

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's uncanny that you guys mentioned Anne with an "e"...
I have been super-jonesing to watch that lately;
me & my bestest junior high friend were obsessed with those movies and quoted them liberally and at will for at least 2 years!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Kayla Jo said...

That tree in the fog looked aflame. It was AWESOME. Took me a while to get that it was actually just leaves turned that color.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Stuen said...

fog is fun.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home